- Publication Date：
- Last updated：2022-10-11
- View count：4283
To strengthen the probation service and prevent recidivism, the following important measures shall be taken in accordance with the regulations of the Ministry of Justice:
- To improve probation guidance measures
- To carry out classified guidance at different levels, concentrate our efforts, and use methods such as intensive interviews, random visits, and urine collection in handling different characteristics and problems of the persons under protection; to strengthen the guidance and supervision of the persons under protection in cases involving killing, ransom, theft, robbery, firearms, drug trafficking, gang members, and recidivism that seriously endanger social security.
- To implement a probation responsibility system: probation areas are divided and probation officers are assigned to be responsible for the implementation of the cases in each area; resources such as the probation volunteers in each area should be properly utilized to establish a probation guidance network to help protect the relevant communities and to prevent recidivism.
- To provide multiple opportunities for counseling and supervision to persons under protection in high-risk groups, such as repeated offenders, murderers, kidnappers, bandits, robbers, those with firearms, drug traffickers, gang members, etc. The Prosecutor shall direct appropriate persons, such as the local police, mental health institutions, and probation volunteers, to assist probation officers in carrying out the protection, strengthening supervision, and counseling personnel in the high-risk groups and persons under protection—effectively preventing recidivism. Supervision and counseling of rapists under protection should be strengthened by means such as intensive counseling and supervision, increasing the number of registrations, random visits, and psychological guidance.
- To strengthen the supervision and counseling of rapists under protection by means such as intensive counseling and supervision, increasing the number of registrations, random visits, and psychological guidance.
- To improve the counseling and supervision of drug addicts and to improve the effectiveness of drug rehabilitation via group counseling and intensive urine sampling.
- To expand the level of guidance, provide guidance to the families and friends who are affected by the case, and implement the guidance of family talks and environment adjustments, so as to establish a social safety network.
- To supervise the use of social resources to select probation volunteers to assist in the management of protection
To strengthen the guidance on probation by enriching the function of the communities under protection and to strengthen the use of social resources to help people under protection solve the difficulties of employment, school, medical treatment, and self-reliance. All necessary lectures and trainings should be carried out to improve their counseling knowledge and ability and to assist probation officers in carrying out protection.
- To strengthen the implementation of cases of maternal and child protection
- To promote the "supervision and counseling network for sex offenders with the protection system as the main axis," to be undertaken by specialized units or groups, and to hold training to improve the professional knowledge and ability of the probation officers in the execution of cases.
- To actively study and formulate the "Implementing Measures Regarding Lie Detection," "Implementing Measures Regarding Scientific and Technological Monitoring Equipment," and "Implementing Measures Regarding Urine Collection and Testing" relating to sex offenders under protection; to carry out business, such as supporting related facilities, equipment purchases, and personnel training, in accordance with the provisions of Article 20 of the newly amended and adopted Sexual Assault Crime Prevention Act.