- Publication Date：
- Last updated：2023-09-28
- View count：2708
Changhua County, which is under this Department’s jurisdiction, is located in the middle of Taiwan and covers an area of more than 1,074 square kilometers, with fertile land, rich property, industrial and commercial development, and convenient transportation. Judicial litigation cases in this county were originally under the jurisdiction of Taiwan's Taichung District Court. However, due to its large population and as a result of economic development, the County has gradually moved from agriculture into industry and commerce—resulting in a surge in litigation cases. Thus, after various discussions, the Changhua Court of Taiwan Taichung District Court was established in the town of Yuanlin in 1954.
The construction of the Changhua Court started in July 1958 and was completed in April 1959. The Court was officially established on January 22, 1960, having jurisdiction over civil litigation and non-litigation cases taking place within Changhua County. However, the Prosecutor’s Office of the Taiwan Taichung District Court still handled prosecution affairs. Later, local efforts established a Changhua District Court Promotion Association to expand the Changhua Court to an independent court.
On March 7, 1968, the former Ministry of Judicial Administration ordered Ch’u Chien-hung, the President of the Taiwan Yunlin District Court, to become the Chairman of the Preparatory Committee for active planning of the construction site. The construction project was issued on August 2, 1968. On August 31, 1969, the former Ministry of Judicial Administration appointed Ch’u Chien-hung as the first President of the Taiwan Changhua District Court and Shi Xi-en as the first Chief Prosecutor of the Prosecutor’s Office of the Taiwan Changhua District Court. All construction work was completed in early March 1970, and both the court and the prosecutor’s office moved into the new building (No. 40, Section 2, Zhongshan Road, Yuanlin Town).
To meet the requirement of the Court Organization Law, the court and the prosecutor’s office was separated on July 1, 1980, and the Prosecutorate was ordered to change its name to the Prosecutor’s Office on December 24, 1989. However, on May 25, 2018, the name was further changed to Taiwan Changhua District Prosecutor’s Office, in accordance with Paragraph 2, Article 114, of The Amendment to the Court Organization Law as announced by the Presidential Decree Hua Zong Yi Yi Zi No. 10700055461.